In California, what is the proper way to buy a used car if the title document is held by the lender?

The process should protect both the buyer and seller. The seller advises that the lender can give the buy a duplicate title document when buyer pays with a cashier order. I wonder if this is the proper way.


I like racing around town but don't drive on the highway much what kind of car should i get.?

the lender can set it up, but you need the title or a lost title certificate signed by both owner and lien owner

Any1 know where to buy a good old skool box chevy caprice?

You have to wire transfer money to the lender or send them a cashier's check before they will release the title to you, that's true---often they can FEDEX the title to you overnight. You should be able to call in the VIN # to your insurance company at the time of purchase, take the car home and park it until you get the title next day---then register it

Should i get a 2 door or a 4 door grand am?

The lender will want certified money order, or cash to pay off the loan, they will not release it until they see the cash. You are better off, walking into the bank with the seller/buyer, and taking care of business, in person. The bank can notorize and take care of everything right there. Once you get the title, go to DMV, and complete the transfer.
More Questions & Answers ...

  • Can a car dealership sell a car that has been wrecked as a "new" car? Do they have to disclose that info?
  • What's the best cheap (around $3000) used car to buy?
  • How do car dealers get away with misleading advertising ?
  • How much is a fully restored 1976 Trans Am (50th anniversary edition) 455, 4 speed worth?
  • Is there a catch to the swift trucking it say 150 dollars to start training and the rest of the cost 1yearplan
  • Car to buy?
  • What is a good SUV that have good mpg, bang for my bucks, and good performent?
  • 2005 NIS MAXIMA 3.5SL NAVI OR 2004 ACURA TL? most importanly why. thanks?
  • Good & Bad Value For Money Cars?
  • Cheapest New Camper Van in the UK?
  • This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

    Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.