what are they i plan on getting some subwoofers? and whats the best brand?
the pros are you get a lot better sound with less distortion and its a lot louder.
im not sure what your spending limit is or what kind of car you have to know what size speakers u need but heres a basic setup guide to go for.
1. get a decent head unit. cd player, if you burn cd's go for 1 that plays mp3's then you can fit 100+ songs on a disk
2. get some good speakers. go with a component set up front and a set of 2way or 3way in the back.
3. from the sound of it you dont care about bass that can rattle house windows 2 blocks away so go with a set of 10" or 12" subs. go with something like polk, you can get really good prices, they sound really good and you dont need a huge amp to power them so you wont need to upgrade ur alternator and stuff. something like these
4. get an amp to match the subs. like if you went with the subs above that are 400watts rms you would want an amp that is 800watts rms. go with a mono amp for the subs. those subs are 4ohm so you can wire them together and take it down to 2ohm so get an amp that is 2ohm stable. as long as you stay below the total rms of the subs you'll be fine, some subs can handle more but you can risk blowing them.
5. an amp for your speakers will get them more power, but you dont have to do that you can just run them off the head unit and they will be fine
depending on what kind of system you have or will get, and the car you have, too large/too many amps can create an electrical drain on your motor's components.
best brand depends on how much money you want to invest, what kind of system you have or want.
cons-money,time,tickets,can get stolen
go to onlinecarstereo.com they sell many brands and offer free shipping and have reviews too
Honestly, the majority of a system will be in your enclosure.
More Questions & Answers ...
This article contents is post by this website user, CarQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.
Copyright 2006-2009 CarQnA.com All Rights Reserved.