What kind of enclosure should I get?

I just bought a 12" subwoofer for my Buick Roadmaster. I'd like to keep it in the trunk, but it's almost soundproof from the cab so I might put it in the backseat. It's 150 w RMS, 800 w Max. Should I get a sealed, ported, or bandpass enclosure. Tell me why and what the difference is. I'll mostly be playing hip-hop, and I want a good low sound.


Will most car-radios 'grab' the cd... if you put in a MINI cd---ya know what i'm talking about..?

A band-pass is more or less a one-note box.

Anyone know whats a good box for the 18" Solo-x?

A ported box will give you the best bass, but is very tricky to design correctly.

What are teh differnt types of sub boxes?

Check here for enclosure types (and other tips):

radio install for 99 transport/montana?


how do i install an amp and a subwoofer to my car?

bandpass would be a good way to go and tune it as low as the sub will handle some were around 30-32hrts is a place to start

Rover 75 TV/ SatNav 2001-Can I swap system from my saloon (selling) to my Tourer. I understand I may need loom

bandpass or sealed, depending on how strong of a bump you want from your subs... for a harder hit, sealed box.

SAAB 900 cd player cable route?

i would go for enclosed to me they sound louder
More Questions & Answers ...

  • i want a sub woofer in my pick up truck?
  • Hifonics BXi 1606D and my audiobahns?
  • What is best radio I can buy for my car ? I have a new vw and want a nice sound system Ive heard that they?
  • are there hard drive Head units that arent above 1000$?
  • 4 channel amp into 6 speakers?
  • Ford focus stereo not tuning properly. The aerial is ok. What else could it be?
  • How do I put in this code for my 1999 Land Rover radio?
  • wierd stereo problem!! Please help!!?
  • 2000 chevy malibu stereo installation questions..help?
  • can you change the voice on SAT NAV?
  • This article contents is post by this website user, CarQnA.com doesn't promise its accuracy.

    Copyright 2006-2009 CarQnA.com All Rights Reserved.