Best way to control bass level of subwoofer.?

I have a sub and an amp i want to be able to control the level of bass or the volumn of the sub. my amp doesnt have a jack (like a telephone jack) for on those those remote knobs. Do you think my best bet would be to get a knob that connect through the rca cables from the back of the radio to the amp?


What is wrong with my subs/amp?

If your amp doesn't already have one you will need a low pass filter which will seperate the treble and midrange from the bass going to your sub from your amp otherwise you could damage the sub.

Wiil a 900 watt 5 channel amp work for 2 400 watt subs?

simple..turn it down.

Can Too Much Air Space In A Sealed Enclosure Be bad??

If it isn't designed with a remote gain control, you can remove the gain control from the circut board with a soldering iron, and extrnd it with wires to anywhere in the car you want.

Where can i find wholsale Audiobahn Subwoofers?

Alternatively you may be able to get an RCA cable with a gain control built in, or or that plugs into RCA cables, but I can't say for sure if this is on the market.

If you have two channel amp you hook up rear speakers to preout then where the sub exactly.?

The very best way would be to get a head unit with a pre-amp output designed for subwoofers; such head units usually have a built-in volume control for the subs. You can also find equalizers with subwoofer level controls. I haven't seen an in-line volume control with RCA inputs and outputs; but if you could find one, it would probably work.

Can someone tell me how I might hook up a marine stereo to a regular power supply?

Well, to get good sound from door speakers', ideally you need no bass going to them. What you do is: 1.)turn the bass on your stereo all the way down (this will make your door speakers sound better 2.) turn the gains on your amp all the way down 3.) turn the volume on yout radio as high as you'll ever use it 4.) SLOWLY turn the gain(s) on your amp up until you hear distortion, then back it down a little
Your gain(s) are now set. You have full bass at high volumes (at which your door speakers can handle now cause bass is cut) and at low volumes all you need to do is turn the bass on your radio up until the bass is as loud as it will go.

How to install a car stereo adapter this (Pioneer CDRB10).anyone know a site with pictures?

You now eliminated the 'need' for a bass knob.


Good Luck!
More Questions & Answers ...

  • 2 MTX 12's or 1 Kicker 10''?
  • On my new double din DVD player where does the wire labelled screen display control go to on my truck?
  • Is a stock radio compatible with new speakers or a sub?
  • Infinity speakers?
  • Which amp is more powerful, 2ohm stable or 4ohm?
  • This question is for people know about the alphasonik psw415 and psw415eu?
  • Hi i want to get a sound system for my car, please help.?
  • Will the Mach 460 Stereo work in my 1998 Ranger?
  • 2003 Volkswagen Golf GL Subwoofer ideas??
  • Upgrading Battery Question?
  • This article contents is post by this website user, doesn't promise its accuracy.

    Copyright 2006-2009 All Rights Reserved.